Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pause.

I'm a highly competitive person, especially with myself. I always want to train as hard as possible every time I go to the gym or go out for a run, so when I have an injury it is miserable. Not because of the pain, but because I have to hit pause on my training. Unfortunately, it makes me a grumpy person to not be able to run.

That's where I am this week. I am getting some tendonitis in my foot and have to take a couple weeks off from running. I noticed it a couple weeks ago but didn't think very much of it, but it started to escalate and in fear of it getting even worse, I have to stop. Fortunately I have a great workout buddy that is going to be cross-training with me at the gym for the next couple week! Never a bad time to start some weight training and good core workouts :) Hopefully after resting for a while I can slowly start to work my way back into some easy runs.

I think that since I'm flat footed, I need to find a pair of running shoes that has a more supportive arch than what I have now. I'm currently running in asics gel kayano 18's, which I have loved dearly but it's definitely time to start looking at some different options.



No comments:

Post a Comment